Crotched Monkey

Crotched Monkey
Isn't he cute

Friday 14 February 2014

Stormy Weather

Wow, are we having some awful weather here in old blighty! I watch the news about all the terrible floods and my heart goes out to the people involved. Luckily we don't live near any water at all so we're free from flooding but we're still affected by the storms. The wind has ripped out my favourite fuchsia shrub which I've been cultivating for about eight years. It has gone from being a tiny twig to a prolific, flower laden bush that gets better every year and now it is no more. It was planted in a raised bed which is laid on top of our garden slabs so I guess it didn't have really deep roots but I never expected it to be ripped from the garden entirely! That's my only fatality as everything else is in pots, which we've stacked against the fence for some protection. But we still have to keep picking up the odd tree that's blown over. The only good side of the awful weather is that I don't go out unless it's necessary so I'm getting my crocheting done a bit quicker. I've just finished four hats, an angry birds, two Minnie Mouse and a minions. These character hats seem to be very popular at the moment and not just with kids, the Minnie mouse hats were for adults. And now they are done I've started the baby blankets for my niece and her new addition who is due in two weeks. Just hope I get them finished and sent in time for baby Jake to be wrapped in especially with weather we're having!

No comments:

Post a Comment